Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bedford Springs Knit-Treat, and p.s. I'm in Interweave

I just got back from the first annual Bedford Springs Knit-Treat in Pennsylvania, where I taught the Christmas Tree class. It was a wonderful group of students and some spectacular teachers in a gorgeous, luxurious, historical setting. And the food was divine - it was almost more of a "knit-eat" than a "knit-treat."


Here's me in Kathy Zimmerman's "Bedford Springs Shawl" class - some of the students commented on how happy I look when I'm knitting, and here's the proof. I was thrilled to be teaching along with Kathy, Barbara Grossman (who also organized the retreat and led us in mid-class stretching sessions), Nancy Premoshis who makes wonderful stash-busting creations from scrap yarn, stupendous spinner Nancy Griffin, and Candace Eisner Strick, a wonderful teacher whose designs are simply stunning.

It was a wonderful retreat, and I'm so excited to be headed back to Pennsylvania this coming February to teach at the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Show.

AND: Check out my Sunburst Throw design in Interweave Holiday Gifts!

Photo (c) Interweave

No comments: